Arnulf, Prince of Bavaria
|Birthname||Franz Joseph A. Adalbert Maria|
|born on||6 July 1852 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Munich, Germany, 48n08, 11e34|
|Timezone||LMT m11e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||14°13' 09°31 Asc. 04°43'|
Prince of Bavaria, a member of the Bavarian Royal House of Wittelsbach, and a General of Infantry.
Arnulf was the youngest son of Prince Regent Luitpold of Bavaria and his wife Archduchess Augusta of Austria.
Arnulf joined the Bavarian army and became a regimental commander, reaching the rank Generaloberst. He fought with the Russian army in the Russo-Turkish War (1877–1878) and was present at the Siege of Plevna. From 1892 to 1903 he commanded the First Bavarian Army Corps.
On 12 April 1882 Arnulf married Princess Therese of Liechtenstein, the daughter of Prince Alois II of Liechtenstein and Countess Franziska Kinsky. The couple had a son: Prince Heinrich of Bavaria (1884–1916).
Arnulf died on 12 November 1907, aged 55, in Venice, Italy.
- parent->child relationship with Heinrich, Prince of Bavaria (born 24 June 1884)
- child->parent relationship with Auguste Ferdinande, Archduchess of Austria (born 1 April 1825)
- child->parent relationship with Luitpold, Prince Regent of Bavaria (born 12 March 1821)
- sibling relationship with Leopold, Prince of Bavaria (born 9 February 1846)
- sibling relationship with Ludwig III, King of Bavaria (born 7 January 1845)
- sibling relationship with Therese, Princess of Bavaria (born 12 November 1850)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 11 July 1852, p. 3: "München, 7 Juli... Gestern Morgens um 6 Uhr ist Ihre Kaiserl. Hoheit die Prinzessin Luitpold von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden." (Munich, 7 July ... Yesterday morning at 6 o'clock the Princess Luitpold was happily delivered of a prince).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wittelsbach)