|born on||1 November 1953 at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )|
|Place||Naples, Italy, 40n51, 14e17|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°24' 06°54 Asc. 07°27'|
Italian actor, comedian and television personality.
In 1969, at a very young age, Arena formed the cabaret ensamble "La Smorfia" together with Massimo Troisi and Enzo De Caro. In 1978 and 1979, the group appeared in two RAI variety shows (Non stop and Luna Park) enjoying great success. The group disbanded in 1980 and for some time Arena kept on collaborating with his friend Troisi, starring in his first three films. He won a David di Donatello for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Troisi's "Scusate il ritardo."
Later Arena focused his career on television, appearing in a large number of variety shows; he occasionally came back to cinema, even making his debut as a director in 1989 with "Chiari di luna." He is also active on stage.
Arena also worked as a comedic scriptwriter, notably for Lupo Alberto and Topolino.
- associate relationship with Troisi, Massimo (born 19 February 1953)
Grazia Bordoni database, 'entertainment' file, p. 6.
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Scriptwriter)