|Birthname||Joseph Jean-Baptiste Laurent Arban|
|born on||28 February 1825 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Lyon, France, 45n45, 4e51|
|Timezone||LMT m4e51 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||09°16' 03°55 Asc. 26°33'|
French musician, cornetist, conductor, composer, pedagogue and the first famed virtuoso of the cornet à piston or valved cornet. He is acknowledged as the founder of the modern school of trumpet playing.
He died on 8 April 1889 at age 64 in Paris. Arban's trumpet method of 1864 is often referred to as the "Trumpeter's Bible". It is still studied by modern brass players. The Arban Method book is available by various publishers.
Gauquelin Vol.4 No.1501 (quoted in AA database).
- Family : Childhood : Family large (One of ten children)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Cornet)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction ("The Arban Method")
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("The Arban Method")