Appel, Karel Christian
|born on||25 April 1921 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Amsterdam, Netherlands, 52n22, 4e54|
|Timezone||LST m19e53 (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||04°50' 14°11 Asc. 21°41'|
Dutch artist, regarded as the most powerful of the WW II generation, an abstract painter, sculptor and graphic artist. Each new work is greeted with anticipation.
He began his career in 1938 with exhibitions in European, American and Japanese galleries since 1950. His murals may be seen in Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam, Brussels and Paris.
- associate relationship with Bogart, Bram (born 12 July 1921). Notes: Cobra movement
- associate relationship with Lucebert (born 15 September 1924). Notes: Members of the Cobra movement
- associate relationship with Vinkenoog, Simon (born 18 July 1928). Notes: Illustrated Atonaal" (atonal) of the so-called Fifties poets.
Steinbrecher quotes Koppejans for B.C.; same from Cirkels quotes "Octa".
The record was entered in 1993 without considering the fact that DST was in force. This has been corrected on 18 April 2016.
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist (Grahics)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Abstract painter, sculpture, murals)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession