|Birthname||de Kostrowitsky, Wilhelm Albert Apollinaris|
|born on||26 August 1880 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Rome, Italy, 41n54, 12e29|
|Timezone||RMT m12e29 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°15' 16°35 Asc. 28°36'|
Italian-French poet and art critic, lyricist and dramatist. Noted as the precursor of surrealism and modernist poetry, he mixed with a circle of artists that included Picasso, Derain and Jarry, becoming the lover of Marie Laurencin.
Illegitimate at birth, he spent his childhood on the French Riviera and after extensive travels in Germany and eastern Europe, settled in Paris where he signed his first poetry as Guillaume Apollinaire in 1903. After working several years as a clerk, he published his novel "L'Enchanteur Pourrissant" in 1909. Aside from a collection of verse, his major achievement was championing and explaining new artistic movement. His book "Les Peintres cubists," 1913, was on cubism, remaining an important document today and he coined the term "surrealism" in 1917.
Seriously wounded in action in WW I in 1916, he never fully recovered and died in Paris, 11/09/1918, not long after his marriage to Jacqueline Kolb.
- business associate/partner relationship with Fort, Paul (born 1 February 1872). Notes: literary review
- friend relationship with Billy, André (born 13 December 1882)
- friend relationship with Jacob, Max (born 12 July 1876)
- friend relationship with Poullain, Edmond-Marie (born 24 January 1878)
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Lépine, Louis (born 6 August 1846)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1903 (Release of his first poetry)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1909 (Novel, "L'Enchanteur Pourrissant")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1913 (Cubism book released)
- Health : Violent trauma 1916 (Wounded in action during WW I)
- Death, Cause unspecified 9 November 1918 at 12:00 noon in Paris, France (Age 38)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Gauquelin Vol. 6 No.29
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Extremely short marriage to Jacqueline Kolb)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Affair with Marie Laurencin)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Friends (Friends with Picasso, Derain and Jarry)
- Personal : Birth : Illegitimate birth
- Vocation : Art : Art critic
- Vocation : Military : Combat (WW I)
- Vocation : Military : Wounded (Never fully recovered)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Lyricist and dramatist)
- Vocation : Writers : Poet (Surrealism and modernist)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Cubism and surrealism)