|born on||29 September 1912 at 21:45 (= 9:45 PM )|
|Place||Ferrara, Italy, 44n50, 11e35|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°19' 16°00 Asc. 26°51'|
Italian filmmaker, a director and screenwriter who had a profound impact on film sensibilities since the '60s. He used circuitous psychological plots and pessimism. He is best known for his "trilogy on modernity and its discontents" — L'Avventura (1960), La Notte (1961), and L'Eclisse (1962) — as well as the English-language films Blowup (1966) and The Passenger (1975).
Antonioni received numerous awards and nominations throughout his career, including the Cannes Film Festival Jury Prize (1960, 1962), Palme d'Or (1966), and 35th Anniversary Prize (1982); the Venice Film Festival Silver Lion (1955), Golden Lion (1964), FIPRESCI Prize (1964, 1995), and Pietro Bianchi Award (1998); the Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists Silver Ribbon eight times; and an honorary Academy Award in 1995. He is one of three directors to have won the Palme d'Or, the Golden Lion and the Golden Bear, and the only director to have won these three and the Golden Leopard.
Antonioni married twice and also had a decade-long relationship with actress Monica Vitti throughout the 1960s. He and another cinematic genius, Ingmar Bergman, died on 30 July 2007. Antonioni passed away at age 94 at his home in Rome.
- associate relationship with Di Palma, Carlo (born 17 April 1925). Notes: Film collaborators
- associate relationship with Ponti, Carlo (born 11 December 1912)
- associate relationship with Rossellini, Roberto (born 8 May 1906). Notes: Film co-writers
- spousal equivalent relationship with Vitti, Monica (born 3 November 1931). Notes: 1960-1970
Bordoni from "Linguaggio Astrale." Same in Cirkels No.304. (Lescaut quotes same as B.R., not confirmed).
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Monica Vitti, actress)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 94)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Film)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Film)
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Honorary)
- Notable : Awards : Public Service
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award