Antonia, Princess of Luxembourg
|Birthname||Antonia Roberta Sophie Wilhelmine|
|born on||7 October 1899 at 09:30 (= 09:30 AM )|
|Place||Lenggries, Germany, 47n41, 11e34|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°51' 13°27 Asc. 17°35'|
Luxembourgish princess of the House of Nassau-Weilburg by birth, and the last Crown Princess of Bavaria as the wife of Crown Prince Rupprecht.
Antonia was the fourth daughter of Guillaume/Wilhelm/Wellem IV, Grand Duke of Luxembourg, who reigned between 1905 and 1912, and Marie Anne, a princess of the Portuguese House of Braganza.
She was the younger sister of two successive grand duchesses: Marie-Adélaïde and Charlotte. In the family she was called "Toni".
Antonia became the second wife of Crown Prince Rupprecht on 7 April 1921 at Schloss Hohenburg. Antonia and Rupprecht had six children.
As opponents of the Nazi regime, Antonia and Rupprecht were forced into exile in Italy in 1939. From here, they moved to Hungary. When Germany occupied Hungary in October 1944, Antonia and her children were captured, while Rupprecht, still in Italy, evaded arrest. They were imprisoned at Sachsenhausen. In early April 1945, they were moved to Dachau concentration camp. Although liberated that same month, the imprisonment greatly impaired Antonia's health; the ordeal led to her vow never to return to German soil, and she died nine years later, on 31 July 1954, aged 54, at Lenzerheide, Switzerland.
- child->parent relationship with Wëllem IV, Grand Duke of Luxembourg (born 22 April 1852)
- spouse relationship with Rupprecht, Crown Prince of Bavaria (born 18 May 1869). Notes: 1921-1954
- sibling relationship with Charlotte, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (born 23 January 1896)
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth, Princess of Luxembourg (born 7 March 1901)
- sibling relationship with Hilda, Princess of Luxembourg (born 15 February 1897)
- sibling relationship with Marie-Adélaïde, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (born 14 June 1894)
- sibling relationship with Sophie, Princess of Luxembourg (born 14 February 1902)
- other kin relationship with Adolphe, Grand Duke of Luxembourg (born 24 July 1817). Notes: Grandkin
Sy Scholfield quotes report by telegraph in Luxemburger Wort, 7 Oct 1899, p. 1: "Luxemburg, 7. Oktober. Wie eben gegen halb elf uhr gemelvet wird, wurde heute Morgen um 9,30 Uhr zu Schloß Hohenburg unserer Erbgrotz-herzoglichen Familie eine vierte Prinzessin geboren."
Translation: Luxembourg, 7 October. Just about eleven o'clock in the morning it was reported that a fourth princess was born at 9.30 am today at the castle of Hohenburg of our hereditary ducal family.
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Royal family)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (33 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Concentration camp (Sachsenhausen, Dachau)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Nassau-Weilburg, Luxembourg, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wittelsbach, by marriage)
- 1899 births
- Birthday 7 October
- Birthplace Lenggries, GER
- Sun 13 Libra
- Moon 13 Scorpio
- Asc 17 Scorpio
- 1954 deaths
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Concentration camp
- Notable : Famous : Royal family