Antoine, Duke of Montpensier
|Birthname||Antoine Marie Philippe Louis d'Orléans|
|born on||31 July 1824 at 05:40 (= 05:40 AM )|
|Place||Neuilly sur Seine, France, 48n53, 2e16|
|Timezone||LMT m2e16 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||07°53' 16°18 Asc. 19°18'|
French royalty, the youngest son of King Louis Philippe of France and his wife Maria Amelia Teresa of the Two Sicilies. He was styled as the Duke of Montpensier. He died on 4 February 1890 at Sanlúcar de Barrameda, Spain.
On 10 October 1846 at Madrid, Spain, he married Infanta Luisa Fernanda of Spain, the daughter of King Ferdinand VII of Spain and his wife Maria Christina of the Two Sicilies. They had ten children.
Antoine de Montpensier lived in Spain from 1848 when he and his family had to leave France after the Revolution of 1848. During the Spanish revolution of 1868, he supported the insurgents under Juan Prim against Queen Isabella II of Spain, his own sister-in-law.
In 1870 he fought a duel against Infante Enrique, Duke of Seville, the brother of Francis, Duke of Cádiz, and killed him. Antoine was convicted and sentenced to one month in prison.
On 16 November 1870 the Cortes voted for the next king and chose Amadeo of Savoy with 191 votes. Antoine only received 27 votes, and left Spain, only to return in 1874. His ambitions were fulfilled by his daughter Mercedes, who became Queen of Spain after her marriage to Alfonso XII, son of Isabella II.
He died on 4 February 1890, aged 65, in Palacio de Orléans-Borbón, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, Spain.
- parent->child relationship with de Orleans, Maria de las Mercedes (born 24 June 1860)
- parent->child relationship with de Orléans, Maria Isabel (born 21 September 1848)
- child->parent relationship with Louis Philippe, King of France (born 6 October 1773)
- child->parent relationship with Maria Amalia, Queen Consort of the French (born 26 April 1782)
- spouse relationship with de Borbon, Luisa Fernanda (born 30 January 1832). Notes: 1846-1890
- sibling relationship with Charles d'Orléans, Duke of Penthièvre (born 1 January 1820)
- sibling relationship with Clémentine, Princess of Orléans (born 3 June 1817)
- sibling relationship with François d'Orléans, Prince of Joinville (born 14 August 1818)
- sibling relationship with Françoise, Princess of Orléans (1816) (born 28 March 1816)
- sibling relationship with Henri d'Orléans, Duke of Aumale (born 16 January 1822)
- sibling relationship with Louis d'Orléans, Duke of Nemours (born 25 October 1814)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Réplique... pour MM. les princes de Rohan contre S.A.R Mgr le duc d'Aumale... et Mme la Baronne de Feuchères" by Antoine-Louis-Marie Hennequin (Warée, 1832), p. 141: "Je m'empresse, Monsieur, de vous informer que madame la duchesse d'Orléans est très-heureusement accouchée ce matin, à 5 heures 40 minutes, d'un gross garcon très-bien portant... Louis-Philippe d'Orléans, Neuilly, ce samedi 31 juillet 1824."
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Orléans)