Annenberg, Walter H.
|Birthname||Walter Hubert Annenberg|
|born on||13 March 1908 at 13:30 (= 1:30 PM )|
|Place||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 43n02, 87w54|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°50' 05°25 Asc. 02°43'|
American entrepreneur who established a publishing empire. He was known as being autocratic, keeping a tight personal grasp on every facet of his business. Outspoken and critical, Annenberg was nonetheless a generous philanthropist, giving billions to charity and endowing two leading journalism schools. He was personally elegant, well dressed and conservative and a gracious host.
The only son among seven daughters of publisher Moses Annenberg, he inherited the Philadelphia Inquirer and two racing publications from his dad and went on to build Triangle Publications into a multi-billion-dollar business encompassing newspapers, magazines, and radio and television stations. In 1988, he sold remaining Triangle properties, including TV Guide, to magnate Rupert Murdoch for $3 billion. In 2002, Forbes magazine listed him as one of the wealthiest Americans, #39, with an estimated net worth of $4 billion.
Annenberg became a noted art connoisseur who in 1991 donated a collection of impressionist and early modern masterpieces valued at $1 billion to New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art. He spent five years in London as ambassador to the Court of St. James, appointed by President Nixon in 1969.
Annenberg died of complications from pneumonia on 1 October 2002 at his home in suburban Wynnewood, Pennsylvania, with his wife, Leonore, by his side.
- friend relationship with Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom (born 21 April 1926)
- parent->child relationship with Annenberg, Wallis (born 15 July 1940)
- child->parent relationship with Annenberg, Moses (born 11 February 1877)
- Death of Child 1962 (His son Roger committed suicide)
Sy Scholfield later provided birth certificate and upgraded the rating to AA (BC/BR in hand).
- Traits : Body : Voice/Speech (Resonant, gruff)
- Traits : Personality : Aggressive/ brash (Outspoken)
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable (Elegant, well dressed)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Lifestyle : Financial : Invest/ Collectibles (Art)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (Annenberg Foundation)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (Billionaire)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 94)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur (Publishing)
- Vocation : Politics : Diplomat