Anna, Princess of Hesse and by Rhine
|Birthname||Maria Anna Wilhelmine Elisabeth Mathilde|
|born on||25 May 1843 at 02:30 (= 02:30 AM )|
|Place||Darmstadt, Germany, 49n53, 8e40|
|Timezone||LMT m8e40 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||03°11' 16°10 Asc. 20°55'|
Princess of Hesse and by Rhine by birth, and by marriage the consort and second wife of Friedrich Franz II, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
Anna was the third child and only daughter of Prince Karl of Hesse and by Rhine, and his wife, Princess Elisabeth of Prussia. Her paternal grandfather was Ludwig II, Grand Duke of Hesse and by Rhine. Her mother was a granddaughter of King Friedrich Wilhelm II of Prussia.
Her eldest brother, Ludwig, married in 1862 to Princess Alice of the United Kingdom, third child and second daughter of Queen Victoria.
On 4 July 1864 in Darmstadt, Anna married Friedrich Franz II, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, the son of Paul Friedrich, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. (Friedrich Franz's first wife, Princess Augusta of Reuss-Köstritz, had died in 1862.) Together they had one daughter: Duchess Anna Elisabeth Auguste Alexandrine of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (7 April 1865 – 8 February 1882).
Anna died of puerperal fever on 16 April 1865, aged 21, a week after giving birth to her only child.
- parent->child relationship with Anna, Duchess of Mecklenburg (born 7 April 1865)
- child->parent relationship with Elisabeth, Princess of Prussia (born 18 June 1815)
- sibling relationship with Heinrich, Prince of Hesse and by Rhine (born 28 November 1838)
- sibling relationship with Ludwig IV, Grand Duke of Hesse (born 12 September 1837)
- sibling relationship with Wilhelm, Prince of Hesse and by Rhine (born 16 November 1845)
- Relationship : Marriage 4 July 1864 (Friedrich Franz II, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Österreichischer Beobachter," 3 June 1843, p. 4: "Ihre königl. Hoheit die Prinzessinn Carl von Hessen uud bei Rhein (Tochter des Prinzen Wilhelm von Preußen, Oheims Sr. Majestät des Königs) ist am 25. Mai um halb 3 Uhr Früh zu Darmstadt glücklich von einer Prinzessin entbunden worden." (Our Royal Highness, the Princess Carl von Hesse and by Rhine (daughter of Prince Wilhelm of Prussia, Oheims His Majesty the King), was happily delivered of a princess at Darmstadt on 25 May at half-before-three o'clock [2:30] in the morning).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 21)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hesse-Darmstadt, by birth)