Andrew, Prince (Duke of York)
|Birthname||Andrew Albert Christian Edward Windsor|
|born on||19 February 1960 at 15:30 (= 3:30 PM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°00' 25°29 Asc. 11°33'|
British royalty, the third child and second son of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, the Duke of York. At the time of his birth, he was second in the line of succession to the British throne after Prince Charles; as of November 2019, he is eighth in line. Prince Andrew was the first child born to a reigning monarch since the birth in 1857 of Queen Victoria's youngest child, Princess Beatrice.
Handsome and poised, he grew up sheltered from the press. Not academically oriented, he was mischievous and uncontrollable, a rowdy boy who took best to sports and later, naval service. He gained the nickname of "Randy Andy" for his romantic escapades. A helicopter pilot, he saw active service in the brief Falklands war, flying on multiple missions including anti-surface warfare, Exocet missile decoy, and casualty evacuation.
On 23 July 1986, he married Sarah Ferguson; they had two daughters, Beatrice and Eugenie. It was hoped that marriage to fiery Fergie would tame him but they played hard together and separately, and parted on 19 March 1992. An official palace announcement of their divorce came on 16 April 1996.
On 20 November 2019 he suspended his public duties for the "foreseeable future" following intense negative reaction regarding a television interview for the BBC's Newsnight programme, aired on 16 November 2019, which was mainly concerned with allegations against him of sexual abuse and his connections to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
On the morning of 9 April 2021 his father, Prince Philip, died peacefully at Windsor Castle at age 99.
- associate relationship with Giuffre, Virginia (born 9 August 1983)
- associate relationship with Historic: The Shard (born 5 July 2012). Notes: Officiated at inauguration
- friend relationship with Maxwell, Ghislaine (born 25 December 1961)
- parent->child relationship with Beatrice, Princess of York (born 8 August 1988)
- parent->child relationship with Eugenie, Princess (born 23 March 1990)
- child->parent relationship with Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom (born 21 April 1926)
- child->parent relationship with Philip, Prince (Duke of Edinburgh) (born 10 June 1921)
- spouse relationship with Sarah, Duchess of York (born 15 October 1959). Notes: 1986-1996
- sibling relationship with Anne, Princess Royal (born 15 August 1950)
- sibling relationship with Charles, Prince of Wales (born 14 November 1948)
- sibling relationship with Edward, Prince (Earl of Wessex) (born 10 March 1964)
Copy of newspaper on the day with a photo of palace announcement sent by Gwen Stoney
- Family : Relationship : Divorce friendly (Remain devoted friends and parents of their kids)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Sarah Ferguson)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Golf, skiing)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Attended 6 months of college in Canada)
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity (Amorous adventures)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Navy pilot)
- Vocation : Travel : Pilot/ military (Helicopter)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Windsor, UK)