|Birthname||John Andrew Andretti|
|born on||12 March 1963|
|Place||Bethlehem (Northampton County), Pennsylvania, 40n38, 75w22|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
Italian-American race car driver from a noted family, who won individual races in CART, IMSA GTP, Rolex Sports Car Series, and NASCAR.
He was the older brother of racer Adam Andretti, nephew of Indianapolis 500 winner Mario Andretti, and first cousin to IndyCar champion Michael and Jeff Andretti. He was also the first cousin once-removed to IndyCar driver Marco Andretti. His father Aldo Andretti, Mario's twin brother, retired from driving a race car after he nearly died in an accident.
Andretti's son, Jarett, was a USAC sprint car driver and later a driver in the GT4 America Series.
In April 2017, Andretti disclosed that he had stage four colon cancer. After months of chemotherapy, Andretti was deemed cancer-free in late 2017. However, in May 2018, he suffered a relapse of the cancer, which metastasized even further. He went through another round of chemotherapy for the rest of the year, which ended in January 2019. The cancer relapsed yet again in late March 2019. Andretti died on 30 January 2020 from colon cancer at age 56.
- child->parent relationship with Andretti, Aldo (born 28 February 1940)
- other kin relationship with Andretti, Marco (born 13 March 1987). Notes: Cousins
- other kin relationship with Andretti, Mario (born 28 February 1940). Notes: Uncle/ nephew
- has other family relationship with Foyt, A. J. (born 16 January 1935). Notes: Godkin
Sy Scholfield quotes birth report, The Morning Call (Allentown, Pennsylvania), 14 March 1963, page 37: born at St Luke's Hospital, Bethlehem, on 12 March, no time given.
Previously this entry had wrong place of Indianapolis, Indiana: Courtney Conrad collection, no time.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Colon)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Treatment/Therapy (Chemotherapy)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Famed racing family)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Lifestyle : Work : Hazardous work
- Lifestyle : Financial : Fundraiser
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Colon cancer)
- Vocation : Sports : Race Cars (CART racing circuit)