Anastasia Mikhailovna, Grand Duchess of Russia
|born on||28 July 1860 at 06:30 (= 06:30 AM )|
|Place||St.Petersburg, Russian Federation, 59n56, 30e18|
|Timezone||LMT m30e18 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||05°15' 12°20 Asc. 01°14'|
Grand Duchess of Russia as a daughter of Grand Duke Michael Nicolaievich of Russia and a granddaughter of Tsar Nicholas I of Russia.
She was raised in the Caucasus, where she lived between 1862 and 1878 with her family. In 1879 she married Friedrich Franz III of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, who in 1883 became the reigning Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. The couple had three children, but her husband was plagued by ill health and they spent most of the year living abroad. The Grand Duchess never became used to her new country where she was unpopular. After the death of her husband in 1897, her visits to Schwerin were sparse.
A strong-willed, independent and unconventional woman, she caused a royal scandal when in 1902 she had a child fathered by her personal secretary. In her widowhood, she lived most of the year in the South of France. During World War I, she decided to settle in neutral Switzerland, living in Lausanne. She died after a stroke a few years later, on 11 March 1922, aged 61.
- parent->child relationship with Alexandrine, Queen of Denmark (born 24 December 1879)
- parent->child relationship with Cecilie, Crown Princess of Germany (born 20 September 1886)
- child->parent relationship with Michael Nikolaevich, Grand Duke of Russia (born 25 October 1832)
- child->parent relationship with Olga Feodorovna, Grand Duchess of Russia (born 20 September 1839)
- spouse relationship with Friedrich Franz III, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg (born 19 March 1851). Notes: 1879-1897
- sibling relationship with Nikolai Mikhailovich, Grand Duke of Russia (born 26 April 1859)
- Relationship : Marriage 24 January 1879 (Friedrich Franz III of Mecklenburg-Schwerin)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 1 Aug. 1860: "In Karlsruhe ist telegraphisch die Nach richt eingetroffen, daß die Großfürstin Olga Feodorowna, Prinzessin Cäcilie von Baden, am 28. Juli früh 6½ Uhr von einer Tochter glücklich entbunden wurde." (In Karlsruhe there was telegraphic news that the Grand-Princess Olga Feodorovna, Princess Cecilia of Baden, was happily delivered of a daughter on 28 July at 6:30 o'clock in the morning).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Holstein-Gottorp-Romanov)