|born on||28 March 1868 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Solothurn, Switzerland, 47n13, 7e32|
|Timezone||BMT m7e2630 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°05' 28°58 Asc. 28°04'|
Swiss painter, illustrator, graphic artist and sculptor. As the first Swiss painter to give precedence to colour in composition, he was a pioneer of modern art in Switzerland.
A member of "Die Brücke", he was influenced by the works of Ferdinand Hodler, Gauguin and Van Gogh. Amiet created more than 4,000 paintings, of which more than 1,000 are self-portraits.
Cuno Amiet died on 6 July 1961 at age 93 in Oschwand, Switzerland.
- associate relationship with Hodler, Ferdinand (born 14 March 1853). Notes: influenced by H.
- friend relationship with Giacometti, Alberto (born 10 October 1901)
- friend relationship with Hesse, Hermann (born 2 July 1877)
- (has as) teacher relationship with Bernard, Émile (born 28 April 1868)
- (has as) teacher relationship with Bouguereau, Adolphe (born 30 November 1825)
- (has as) teacher relationship with Seguin, Armand (born 15 April 1869)
- (has as) teacher relationship with Sérusier, Paul (born 9 November 1864)
- compare to chart of Gauguin, Paul (born 7 June 1848). Notes: strong influence
M. Calderara quotes BR; Barbault gives personal statement (same time).
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Groups ("Die Brücke")
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 93)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter and sculptor)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award
- Notable : Famous : First in Field (Pioneer of modern art)