Amalia, Princess of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach
|Birthname||Amalia Maria da Gloria Augusta|
|born on||20 May 1830 at 03:30 (= 03:30 AM )|
|Place||Ghent, Belgium, 51n03, 3e43|
|Timezone||LMT m3e43 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°34' 28°13 Asc. 12°23'|
Princess of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach by birth, who was the first wife of Prince Hendrik of the Netherlands, son of king Willem II of the Netherlands. Amalia and Hendrik's marriage was childless.
She was the daughter of Prince Bernhard of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach and Princess Ida of Saxe-Meiningen (daughter of George I of Saxe-Meiningen).
She died on 1 May 1872, aged 42, in Walferdange.
- child->parent relationship with Ida, Princess of Saxe-Meiningen (born 25 June 1794)
- child->parent relationship with Karl Bernhard, Prince of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (born 30 May 1792)
- spouse relationship with Hendrik, Prince of the Netherlands (born 13 June 1820). Notes: 1853-1872
- sibling relationship with Edward, Prince of Saxe-Weimar (born 11 October 1823)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Allgemeine preußische Staats-Zeitung," 29 May 1830, p. 1115: "Brussel, 23. Mai. Am 20sten d. früh um 3½ Uhr ist Ihre Hoheit die Herzogin Bernhard von Saschen-Weimar zu Gent vin einer Prinzessin glücklich entbunden worden." (Brussels, May 23rd. At three-thirty in the morning on the 20th in Ghent, the Duchess Bernhard of Saxe-Weimar happily gave birth to a Princess). English Wikipedia has 20 March 1830 in error.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach)