Amadeo I, King of Spain
|Birthname||Amedeo Ferdinando Maria di Savoia|
|born on||30 May 1845 at 05:30 (= 05:30 AM )|
|Place||Turin, Italy, 45n03, 7e40|
|Timezone||LMT m7e40 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||08°35' 02°27 Asc. 26°07'|
The only King of Spain from the House of Savoy. He was the second son of King Vittorio Emanuele II of Italy and was known for most of his life as the Duke of Aosta, but reigned briefly as King of Spain from 1870 to 1873.
He was elected by the Cortes as Spain's monarch in 1870, following the deposition of Isabella II, and sworn in the following year. Amadeo's reign was fraught with growing republicanism, Carlist rebellions in the north, and the Cuban independence movement. He abdicated and returned to Italy in 1873, and the First Spanish Republic was declared as a result.
Granted the hereditary title Duke of Aosta in the year of his birth, he founded the Aosta branch of Italy's royal House of Savoy, which is junior in agnatic descent to the branch descended from King Umberto I that reigned in Italy until 1900, but senior to the branch of the Dukes of Genoa.
- other associate with Isabel II, Queen of Spain (born 10 October 1830). Notes: succeeded as king
- parent->child relationship with Luigi Amedeo, Duke of the Abruzzi (born 29 January 1873)
- child->parent relationship with Adelheid, Queen of Sardinia (born 3 June 1822)
- child->parent relationship with Vittorio Emanuele II, King of Italy (born 14 March 1820)
- spouse relationship with Bonaparte, Marie-Laetitia (born 20 December 1866). Notes: 1888-1890
- sibling relationship with Maria Pia of Savoy, Queen of Portugal (born 16 October 1847)
- sibling relationship with Umberto I, King of Italy (born 14 March 1844)
- Work : Gain social status 16 November 1870 in Madrid (elected as King of Spain)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Originally this entry had 5 AM (rated B) with Eduardo Castellanos quoting biographical data in "Amadeo de Saboya, rey de España" by Gigi Speroni, Editorial Juventud, 1989.
On 4 March 2017, Sy Scholfield changed the time to 5:30 AM (rated A), having forwarded news report from "Österreichischer Beobachter," 6 June 1845, p. 3: "Ihre königl. Hoheit die Frau Herzoginn von Savoyen ist am 30. Mai um halb 6 Uhr Morgens glücklich von einem Prinzen entbunden worden. Die erlauchte Wöchnerinn und der neugeborne Prinz befanden sich bei Abgang der letzten Nachrichten aus Turin vollkommen wohl." (Her Royal Highness The Lady Duchess of Savoy, on 30 May, was happily delivered of a prince at half-before six [5:30] o'clock in the morning. The illustrious mother and the newborn Prince were perfectly well at the latest news from Turin).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Vocation : Politics : Heads of state (King of Spain)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Savoy)