|Birthname||John Feggo, Jr.|
|born on||8 October 1910 at 13:15 (= 1:15 PM )|
|Place||Oxford, New Jersey, 40n48, 74w59|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°35' 13°34 Asc. 12°50'|
American actor, a former Broadway chorus boy and vaudeville entertainer who was the first actor to play the DC Comics character Superman in live-action for the 1948 movie serial Superman. He then played Superman in the 1950 sequel Atom Man vs. Superman, as well as Blackhawk in the Blackhawk movie serial in 1952, and General Sam Lane in Superman: The Movie (1978).
He privately published his memoirs, A Job for Superman. In 1977 he sued a comics publishing company and two film studios for $10 million for allegedly using his picture on an "obscene plaque." It showed him on a window ledge in his Superman suit with the words, "Super Schmuck."
He was married to actress Virginia O'Brien from 1942 to 1955. After he retired, he lived alone in Arizona.
Alyn played lead and character roles in 75 to 80 pictures, including My Sister Eileen (1942), A Guy Named Joe (1943), The Three Musketeers (1948) and The Eddy Duchin Story (1956).
He died on 14 March 1999 at age 88 in a hospital in Woodland, Texas of "natural causes" related to Alzheimer's disease.
- spouse relationship with O'Brien, Virginia (born 18 April 1919). Notes: 1942-1955
- compare to chart of Entertainment: Superman (born 12 February 1940)
- Relationship : Marriage 1942 (Virginia O'Brien)
- Work : Gain social status 1948 (The first "Superman" onscreen)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1955 (Virginia O'Brien)
- Crime : Law suit 1977 (Instigated suit against film studios and pub. co.)
Dana Haynes quotes him, client, "between 1:00 and 1:30 PM"
- Traits : Body : Race (Hungarian)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Alzheimer's/ Senility
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Virginia O'Brien)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Lawsuit instigated (Slander suit)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 88)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (21 films and vaudeville)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Broadway chorus boy)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Vaudeville act)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Broadway chorus boy)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (US Navy, WWII)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Memoirs, "A Job for Superman")
- Notable : Famous : First in Field (First to play the role of Superman)