|born on||15 December 1949 at 18:30 (= 6:30 PM )|
|Place||Meerut, India, 28n59, 77e42|
|Timezone||IST h5e30 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°14' 25°39 Asc. 09°24'|
Indian contemporary visual artist and feminist activist known for her paintings, screen prints, films and music. One of Navjot Altaf's most well known works is the The Blue Lady, a teakwood, metal and indigo sculpture, representing the goddess of fertility.
She is based in Bastar and Mumbai, India. In 1972, she married the artist Altaf and in 1974, their daughter Sasha was born.
- Relationship : Marriage 1972 (Altaf)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1974 (Birth of daughter, Sasha)
Scholfield quotes her in "Navjot Altaf: An Iconic Journey" by Rosalyn D'Mello, Open [accessed on Factiva], 14 October 2016: "'This is a work I did after my father passed away,' she says. 'On my birthday, 15 December 1986, and almost exactly when I was born, around 6.30 pm.'"
Year and place from her website: "1949 Born in Meerut, Utter Pradesh, India" .
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Paintings, screen prints)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Other Entertain/Music
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Films)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist