Allen, Jay Presson
|Birthname||Jacqueline Ann Presson|
|born on||3 March 1922 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Fort Worth, Texas, 32n44, 97w19|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°11' 04°08 Asc. 12°21'|
American screenwriter, playwright, stage director, television producer and novelist. Known for her withering wit and sometimes-off-color wisecracks, she was one of the few women making a living as a screenwriter at a time when women were a rarity in the profession. "You write to please yourself," she said, "The only office where there's no superior is the office of the scribe."
Jay Presson Allen married twice. She died on 1 May 2006 at her home in Manhattan following a stroke, aged 84.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Traits : Personality : Humorous, Witty
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 84)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Stage)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (TV)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Novelist)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script