|Birthname||Grace Ethel Cecile Rosalie Allen|
|born on||26 July 1894|
|Place||San Francisco, California, 37n47, 122w25|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
American vaudevillian and comedienne who became internationally famous as the zany partner and comic foil of husband George Burns, her straight man appearing with her on radio, television and film as the duo Burns and Allen.
Allen was born with heterochromia, giving her two different color eyes; one blue and one green. As a child, Allen had been scalded badly on one arm, and she was extremely sensitive about the scarring. Throughout her life, she wore either full or three-quarter length sleeves to hide the scars. The half-forearm style became as much a Gracie Allen trademark as her many aprons and her illogical logic.
Allen and Burns were married on 7 January 1926 in Cleveland, Ohio. In the 1930s, Burns and Allen adopted two children, Sandra Jean and Ronald Jon, after discovering they could not conceive on their own.
Gracie Allen fought a long battle with heart disease, ultimately dying of a heart attack in Hollywood on 27 August 1964 at age 70. Burns' remains were interred at her side in 1996 when he died 32 years later at the age of 100.
For her contributions to the television industry, Gracie Allen was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6672 Hollywood Boulevard, while she and Burns were inducted into the Television Hall of Fame in 1988.
- friend relationship with Fields, Benny (born 16 June 1894)
- spouse relationship with Burns, George (born 20 January 1896). Notes: 1926-1964
- Death by Heart Attack 27 August 1964 (Age 70)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Prize 1988 (Television Hall of Fame)
Sy Scholfield provided copy of birth notice, The San Francisco Call (San Francisco, California), 11 August 1894, page 8, "ALLEN--In this city, July 26, 1894, to the wife of George W. Allen, a daughter."
Wikipedia incorrectly gives her year of birth as 1895.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack (Terminal)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Eyes (Heterochromia)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Scarred arm)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (38 years with George Burns)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (George Burns)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Two adopted)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Heart attack)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, radio, stage)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Television)