Ali, Prince of Jordan
|Birthname||Ali bin Hussein|
|born on||23 December 1975 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||' Amman, Jordan, 31n57, 35e56|
|Timezone||EET h2e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°20' 07°22 Asc. 28°09'|
Jordanian royalty, the third son of King Hussein, and the second child of the king by his third wife, Queen Alia. He is also the half brother of King Abdullah II. He is a member of the Hashemite family, which has ruled Jordan since 1921 and claims to be a descendant of the Islamic prophet Muhammad. Prince Ali holds the rank of brigadier in the Jordanian Armed Forces.
In 1999, Prince Ali was asked to serve as commander of King Abdullah II′s Special Security in the Royal Guards. He served in that capacity until 28 January 2008, when the king entrusted Prince Ali with establishing and directing the National Centre for Security and Crisis Management. He is also the chairman of Jordan's Royal Film Commission - Jordan.
Prince Ali is president of the Jordan Football Association. He is also the founder and president of the West Asian Football Federation, and under his presidency the membership has increased to 13 countries.
Prince Ali won the election for the position of FIFA vice president, representing Asia at the AFC Congress in Doha, Qatar, on 6 January 2011.
Prince Ali successfully championed the lifting of FIFA's ban on the hijab in women's football/soccer.
He married Rym Brahimi on 7 September 2004. They live in Amman with their two children Princess Jalila bint Ali and Prince Abdullah bin Ali.
- child->parent relationship with Hussein, King of Jordan (born 14 November 1935)
- sibling relationship with Abdullah II, King of Jordan (born 30 January 1962). Notes: Half-brothers, same father
- sibling relationship with Aisha, Princess of Jordan (born 23 April 1968). Notes: Half-siblings, same father
- sibling relationship with Faisal, Prince of Jordan (born 11 October 1963). Notes: Half-brothers, same father
- sibling relationship with Hamzah, Prince of Jordan (born 29 March 1980). Notes: Half-brothers, same father
- sibling relationship with Zein, Princess of Jordan (born 23 April 1968). Notes: Half-siblings, same father
Sy Scholfield quotes from Daily News (New York, New York), 25 Dec 1975, page 6: "Amman, Jordan, Dec. 24 (AP). Queen Alia of Jordan gave birth to a son last night, the royal palace announced." A birth time of 9 PM is speculative.
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Seventh of eleven or twelve)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Lived and studied in UK and USA)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Law : Security guard
- Vocation : Military : Military service
- Vocation : Sports Business : Other Sports Business
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Languages (Fluent in Arabic, English, Circassian)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hashim, Jordan)