Alfons, Prince of Bavaria
|Birthname||A. Maria Franz von Assisi Klemens Max Emanuel|
|born on||24 January 1862 at 08:45 (= 08:45 AM )|
|Place||Munich, Germany, 48n08, 11e34|
|Timezone||LMT m11e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||04°09' 18°02 Asc. 28°58'|
Bavarian prince, member of the Royal House of Wittelsbach, and a General of Cavalry.
Alfons was the second son of Prince Adalbert of Bavaria and his wife Infanta Amalia of Spain. In 1880, like so many young men of his age, Alfons joined the army and in 1892 became commander of the Bavarian Schweren-Reiter-Regiment. In 1905 he reached the rank General of Cavalry, finishing his career as the commander of 7 K.B. Chevaulegers-Regiment.
On 15 April 1891 Alfons married Princess Louise Victoire d'Orléans-Alençon, the daughter of Duke Ferdinand of Alençon and Duchess Sophie Charlotte in Bavaria. The wedding took place at the Nymphenburg Palace in Munich, Bavaria. The couple had two children: Prince Joseph Clemens of Bavaria (1902–1990) and Princess Elisabeth Maria of Bavaria (1913–2005).
Prince Alfons of Bavaria died on 8 January 1933, aged 70, at Munich.
- parent->child relationship with Joseph Clemens, Prince of Bavaria (born 25 May 1902)
- child->parent relationship with Adalbert, Prince of Bavaria (1828) (born 19 July 1828)
- child->parent relationship with Amalia Filipina, Infanta of Spain (born 12 October 1834)
- sibling relationship with Elvira, Princess of Bavaria (born 22 November 1868)
- sibling relationship with Isabella, Princess of Bavaria (born 31 August 1863)
- sibling relationship with Ludwig Ferdinand, Prince of Bavaria (born 22 October 1859)
- Relationship : Marriage 15 April 1891 (Princess Louise Victoire d'Orléans-Alençon)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Bayerischer General-Anzeiger," 26 January 1862: "München, 24 Jan... Prinzessin Adalbert ist heute früh 9 Uhr von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden." (Munich, 24 Jan ... Princess Adalbert was happily delivered at 9 a.m. this morning of a prince).
On 21 March 2017 Scholfield changed the birth time to 8:45 AM, having forwarded news report from "Bayerischer Kurier," 26 Jan. 1862: "München, 24. Jan. Ihre Kgl. Hoheit die Frau Prinzessin Adalbert ist heute Morgens 8 3/4 Uhr glücklich von einem Prinzen entbunden worden." (Munich, 24 Jan. Her Highness Princess Adalbert was happily delivered of a prince at 8:45 this morning).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Vocation : Military : Military career
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wittelsbach)