Alexei, Czarevitch (1904)
|Birthname||Alexei Nikolaevich Romanov|
|born on||12 August 1904 at 13:15 (= 1:15 PM )|
|Place||Petrodvorec, Russian Federation, 59n53, 29e54|
|Timezone||LST m30e15 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°17' 02°24 Asc. 12°32'|
Russian royalty, the son of Czar Nicholas, Czarina Alexandra and heir to the Russian throne. A hemophiliac, at six weeks after his birth, he began to bleed from his naval. The hemorrhage lasted for three days and further episodes of severe internal bleeding followed. The illness flared up periodically and took him close to death on more than one occasion. Though carefully watched by nurses, he was a exuberant boy and often bruised himself. Internal bleeding caused pressure on joints and nerves, resulting in excruciating, unceasing pain. His condition was alleviated by the monk Rasputin, who was first called upon in 1906. He entered the sickroom with an air of confidence and with great gentleness, gazed at Alexis and touched him on the forehead. The pain stopped. From then on, Rasputin's influence extended to the family and to the Russian empire. Alexandra became convinced that Rasputin had been sent by God.
National tensions built further in 1916 and on 15 March 1917, the Czar abdicated. He and his family were put under house arrest by the provisional government, and the young Czaravitch and his entire family were brutally assassinated in the early hours of 17 July 1918 by the Bolsheviks in the basement of the Ipatyev House in Yekaterinburg.
Alexei, aged 13 years and 11 months was shot at repeatedly by the assassins. The boy remained alive and the killers tried to stab him multiple times with bayonets. Unbeknownst to the killing squad, the Tsarevich's torso was protected by a shirt wrapped in precious gems that he wore beneath his tunic. Finally he was killed by two shots fired into his head.
- child->parent relationship with Alexandra, Czarina of Russia (born 6 June 1872)
- child->parent relationship with Nikolai II, Czar of Russia (born 6 May 1868 Jul.Cal. (18 May 1868 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Anastasia, Grand Duchess (born 18 June 1901)
- sibling relationship with Maria, Grand Duchess (born 26 June 1899)
- sibling relationship with Olga, Grand Duchess (born 15 November 1895)
- sibling relationship with Tatiana, Grand Duchess (born 10 June 1897)
- (has as) benefactor relationship with Rasputin (born 9 January 1869 Jul.Cal. (21 Jan 1869 greg.))
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1906 (Met Rasputin)
Kraum quotes his father's diary for 1:15pm. Same data in "A Lifelong Passion," the letters and journals of the Romanovs translated by Andrei Maylunas, Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 1996, p. 243 (July 30 OS). The Massie biography, p.112, gives 13:00. Lyndoe gives 13:00 as, "chart given to the Czarina. Bailey gives 12:30
Sy Scholfield cites 1:15pm from mother's notebook quoted in Alexandra - die letzte Zarin by Gunna Wendt (Suhrkamp, 2014): "Am 30. Juli 1904 protokollierte Alexandra in ihrem Notizbuch: »Gewicht 4660; Länge: 58; Brustumfang: 39. Der Thronerbe Zarewitsch Alexej Nikolajewitsch wurde am Freitag, den 30. Juli 1904, um 1.15 am Nachmittag, geboren.«" (Translation: On 30 July 1904, Alexandra recorded in her notebook: "Weight 4660; Length: 58; Chest Circumstances: 39. Tsesarevich Alexei Nikolaevich was born on Friday, 30 July 1904, at 1.15 in the afternoon"). Scholfield notes that a news report in "Arbeiter Zeitung," 13 Aug. 1904, p. 5, gives 12:30pm ("um halb 1 Uhr Mittags").
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Hemopheliac)
- Family : Childhood : Family large (Four older sisters)
- Family : Childhood : Family extraordinarily supportive
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fifth of five)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Homicide victim (Assassinated)
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 13)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Russia)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book