Alexandra Nikolaevna, Grand Duchess of Russia
|born on||24 June 1825 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||St.Petersburg, Russian Federation, 59n56, 30e18|
|Timezone||LMT m30e18 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°52' 20°24 Asc. 29°09'|
Russian Grand Duchess, as the youngest daughter and fourth child of Tsar Nicholas I, Emperor of Russia, and his wife, Princess Charlotte of Prussia. She was a younger sister of Tsar Alexander II of Russia.
She was the namesake of her paternal aunt, Grand Duchess Alexandra Pavlovna, who died in childbirth along with her stillborn daughter in 1801, but in the family she was known by her affectionate nickname, "Adini".
Alexandra was famous in Saint Petersburg society for both her wit and her lively personality. She was also the musician in the family. A serious student of vocal music, she was talented enough to qualify for lessons from the famous soprano Henriette Sontag.
On 28 January 1844, Alexandra married Prince Friedrich Wilhelm "Fritz" of Hesse (1820–1884) in St. Petersburg. Alexandra became acutely ill with tuberculosis shortly before her wedding, and this complicated the pregnancy which soon followed. She was never well enough to travel to Hesse and take up her new position with her husband. They stayed in St. Petersburg, where her health rapidly declined.
She went into labor prematurely, three months before the child was due, and gave birth to a son, Wilhelm. The infant died shortly after he was born, and Alexandra died later the same day, 10 August 1844, aged 19.
- child->parent relationship with Alexandra Feodorovna, Empress of Russia (born 13 July 1798)
- child->parent relationship with Nikolai I, Czar of Russia (born 25 June 1796 Jul.Cal. (6 July 1796 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Alexander II, Czar of Russia (born 17 April 1818 Jul.Cal. (29 Apr 1818 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Konstantin Nikolayevich, Grand Duke of Russia (born 21 September 1827)
- sibling relationship with Maria Nikolaievna, Grand Duchess of Russia (born 6 August 1819 Jul.Cal. (18 Aug 1819 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Michael Nikolaevich, Grand Duke of Russia (born 25 October 1832)
- sibling relationship with Nikolai Nikolaevich, Grand Duke of Russia (born 8 August 1831)
- sibling relationship with Olga Nikolaevna, Grand Duchess of Russia (born 11 September 1822)
- has other family relationship with Charlotte, Princess of Denmark (born 30 October 1789). Notes: Mother-in-law / daughter-in-law, 1844
- Relationship : Marriage 28 January 1844 (Prince Friedrich Wilhelm "Fritz" of Hesse)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield provided news report from Journal de la province de Limbourg, 16 July 1825, p. 1: "Francfort, le 10 juillet. L'empereur Alexandre est arrivé à Pétersbourg le 25 juin. Le même jour, une salve d'artillerie a annoncé aux habitans de cette capitale que dans la nuit précédente, S. A. I. Mme. la grande duchesse Alexandra était accouchée heureusement d'une princesse qui portera le nom d'Alexandra. Le soir , la ville a été illuminée."
A time of 9pm is speculative.
(Frankfurt, July 10th. Emperor Alexander arrived in Petersburg on June 25. The same day, a salvo of artillery announced to the inhabitants of this capital that the night before, S. A. I. Grand Duchess Alexandra had happily delivered a princess who will bear the name of Alexandra. In the evening, the city was illuminated).
- Traits : Personality : Humorous, Witty
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son, short-lived)
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 19)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Romanov, Russia, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hesse-Kassel, Germany, by marriage)