|Birthname||Marie Jana Korbelová|
|born on||15 May 1937|
|Place||Prague, Czech Republic, 50n05, 14e26|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°11' or|
Czech-American political scientist and government employee, the first woman named as Secretary of State, in December 1996. She served as the 64th U.S. Secretary of State from 1997 to 2001 under President Bill Clinton.
Albright was the daughter of a diplomat. Her family was driven from Prague twice, first by Stalin then by Hitler; her grandparents were among some 77,000 Czech Jews killed by the Holocaust.
She first arrived in the U.S. on 11 November 1948. During her first 18 years, her family moved at least once a year, from Belgrade where her dad served as a diplomat, to a damp basement in London to a series of modest bungalows in Denver. By 1955, just seven years after her arrival in the U.S., Madeleine won a scholarship to Wellesley. Four days after graduation, she married Joseph Albright, on 11 June 1959.
She brought up their three daughters, worked as a political volunteer and served on innumerable boards, in addition to spending eight years working for her PhD. On the morning of 13 January 1982, her husband of 23 years announced that he was in love with another woman. It was a huge turning point. She was on her own, and able to develop as a woman and as a world server.
In May 2012, Albright was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by U.S. President Barack Obama. She died from cancer in Washington, D.C., on 23 March 2022 at the age of 84.
- role played of/by Douglas, Shirley (born 2 April 1934). Notes: 2006 TV miniseries "The Path to 9/11"
- Relationship : End significant relationship 13 January 1982 (Husband announced the end)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Date from Who's Who, time unknown
(Eve Gaeta quotes McEvoy for 7:00 PM MET over the Internet in 2/2000: Frances McEvoy says she saw that in a magazine some years back; no source)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, 23 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three daughters)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 84)
- Vocation : Politics : Diplomat
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Democratic)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Secretary of State)