Albrecht V, Duke of Saxe-Coburg
|born on||24 May 1648 Jul.Cal. (3 June 1648 greg.) at 22:45 (= 10:45 PM )|
|Place||Gotha, Germany, 50n57, 10e41|
|Timezone||LMT m10e41 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||13°41' 23°01 Asc. 23°18'|
Duke of Saxe-Coburg, as the fifth but second surviving son of Ernst I, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Altenburg (1601-1675), and Elisabeth Sophie of Saxe-Altenburg (1619-1680).
When his father died in 1675, Albrecht became ruler of the duchy of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg along with all his brothers, and took Saalfeld as his residence. In 1680, after concluding a treaty of partition with his brothers, he received Coburg, to which he moved his residence.
After his death without surviving sons in Coburg, his lands were disputed between his brothers, but Coburg was finally inherited by his youngest surviving brother, John Ernst.
He died on 6 August 1699, aged 51, in Coburg.
- child->parent relationship with Ernst I, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 25 December 1601 Jul.Cal. (4 Jan 1602 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Bernhard I, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen (born 10 September 1649 Jul.Cal. (20 Sep 1649 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Christian, Duke of Saxe-Eisenberg (born 6 January 1653 Jul.Cal. (16 Jan 1653 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Dorothea Maria of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 12 February 1654 Jul.Cal. (22 Feb 1654 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth Dorothea of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 8 January 1640 Jul.Cal. (18 Jan 1640 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ernst, Duke of Saxe-Hildburghausen (born 12 July 1655 Jul.Cal. (22 July 1655 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Friedrich I, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 15 July 1646 Jul.Cal. (25 July 1646 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Heinrich, Duke of Saxe-Römhild (born 19 November 1650 Jul.Cal. (29 Nov 1650 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Johann Ernst IV, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld (born 22 August 1658 Jul.Cal. (1 Sep 1658 greg.))
- Death, Cause unspecified 6 August 1699 Jul.Cal. (16 Aug 1699 greg.) (Age 51)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Ernst der Fromme, Herzog zu Sachsen-Gotha und Altenburg: ein Beitrag zur Geschichte des 17. Jahrhunderts, Part 1" by August Beck (Böhlau, 1865), p. 774: "Albrecht war geboren Mittwoch den 24. Mai 1648 Abends ¾ auf 11 Uhr auf dem Friedenstein" (Albrecht was born Wednesday 24th May 1648 in the evening at 10:45 o'clock at Friedenstein). Wednesday was Old Style.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)