Albrecht, Prince of Prussia (1837)
|Birthname||Friedrich Wilhelm Nikolaus Albrecht|
|born on||8 May 1837 at 05:30 (= 05:30 AM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||LMT m13e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||17°21' 27°14 Asc. 12°00'|
Prussian general field marshal, Herrenmeister (Grand Master) of the Order of Saint John from 1883 until his death, and regent of the Duchy of Brunswick from 1885.
He was the son of Prince Albrecht of Prussia (1809–1872) and his wife Princess Marianne (1810–1883), daughter of King Wilhelm I of the Netherlands. His father was a brother of King Friedrich Wilhelm IV of Prussia and of Wilhelm I, German Emperor.
On 9 April 1873 in Berlin he married Princess Marie of Saxe-Altenburg (1854–1898), daughter of Ernst I, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg (1826–1908) and his wife Agnes of Anhalt-Dessau (1824–1897). They had three sons.
Prince Albrecht died at Schloss Kamenz on 13 September 1906, aged 69.
- parent->child relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm, Prince of Prussia (1880) (born 12 July 1880)
- parent->child relationship with Joachim Albrecht, Prince of Prussia (born 27 September 1876)
- child->parent relationship with Albrecht, Prince of Prussia (1809) (born 4 October 1809)
- child->parent relationship with Marianne, Princess of the Netherlands (born 9 May 1810)
- sibling relationship with Alexandrine, Princess of Prussia (1842) (born 1 February 1842)
- sibling relationship with Charlotte, Princess of Prussia (1831) (born 21 June 1831)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Börsen-Halle," 10 May 1837, p. 4: "Berlin, den 8. Mai. Diesen Morgen ist die Prinzessin Albrecht von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden" (Berlin, 8 May. This morning the Princess Albrecht was happily delivered of a prince); and from "Klagenfurter Zeitung, 21 May 1837, p. 3: "Preußen. Am 9. Mai Früh um 5 1/2 Uhr sing Ihre Konigl. Hoheit die Prinzessin Gemahlin Sr. königl. Hoheit deS Prinzen Albrecht von Preußen zur Freude Sr. Majestät des Königs und des ganzen königlichen Hauses von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden" (Prussia. On the 9th of May, at 5:30 o'clock in the morning, Her Highness the princess consort of His Highness Prince Albrecht of Prussia, tor the joy of His Majesty the King and the whole royal house, was happily delivered of a prince). According to biographies 8 May is the correct date.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three sons)
- Vocation : Military : Military career (General field marshal)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hohenzollern, Prussia)