Albrecht, Prince of Prussia (1809)
|Birthname||Friedrich Heinrich Albrecht|
|born on||4 October 1809 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||Königsberg, Russian Federation, 54n43, 20e30|
|Timezone||LMT m20e30 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||10°42' 09°49 Asc. 18°45'|
Prussian colonel general and royalty, as the fifth son and youngest child of King Friedrich Wilhelm III of Prussia and Luise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz. His parents had fled to East Prussia after the occupation of Berlin by Napoleon. Two of Albrecht's elder brothers were Friedrich Wilhelm IV, King of Prussia from 1840 till 1861, and Wilhelm I, King of Prussia from 1861 to 1888 and German Emperor from 1871 until 1888.
In 1819, aged 10, he joined the Prussian Army as a lieutenant and held the rank of a general of cavalry in 1852. He took part in the 1866 Austro-Prussian War as a cavalry corps commander at the battles of Gitschin and Königgrätz. In the Franco-Prussian War of 1870-1871 he led a cavalry division at the battles of Wissembourg, Wörth and Sedan. He later joined the forces of his nephew Prince Friedrich Karl of Prussia and Friedrich Franz II, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin in the campaign against the Armée de la Loire.
In The Hague, on 14 September 1830 Albrecht married Princess Marianne, daughter of King Willem I of the Netherlands. The marriage was dissolved on 28 March 1849. They had five children.
In Berlin on 13 June 1853, Albrecht married secondly Rosalie Wilhelmine Johanna von Rauch, daughter of Gustav von Rauch, chief of the Prussian General Staff 1812-1813 and Prussian Minister of War 1837-1841. She was created Countess of Hohenau on 28 May 1853. They had two sons.
He died on 14 October 1872, aged 63, in Berlin.
- parent->child relationship with Albrecht, Prince of Prussia (1837) (born 8 May 1837)
- parent->child relationship with Alexandrine, Princess of Prussia (1842) (born 1 February 1842)
- parent->child relationship with Charlotte, Princess of Prussia (1831) (born 21 June 1831)
- child->parent relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia (born 3 August 1770)
- child->parent relationship with Luise, Queen Consort of Prussia (born 10 March 1776)
- spouse relationship with Marianne, Princess of the Netherlands (born 9 May 1810). Notes: 1830-1849
- sibling relationship with Alexandra Feodorovna, Empress of Russia (born 13 July 1798)
- sibling relationship with Alexandrine, Princess of Prussia (1803) (born 23 February 1803)
- sibling relationship with Carl, Prince of Prussia (born 29 June 1801)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm IV, King of Prussia (born 15 October 1795)
- sibling relationship with Luise, Princess of Prussia (1808) (born 1 February 1808)
- sibling relationship with Wilhelm I, Emperor of Germany (born 22 March 1797)
- other kin relationship with Friedrich Karl, Prince of Prussia (1828) (born 20 March 1828)
- Relationship : Marriage 14 September 1830 (Princess Marianne of the Netherlands)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : End significant relationship 28 March 1849 (Princess Marianne of the Netherlands)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Börsen-Halle," 13 Oct. 1809, p. 3: "Berlin, den 10. October. Am 4. dieses, Morgens 10 Uhr, sind Ihre Majestät, die Königin, in Königsberg von einem gesunden Prinzen glücklich ertbunden worden." (Berlin, 10 October. On the 4th of this month, in the morning at ten o'clock, Her Majesty the Queen, in Konigsberg, was happily delivered of a healthy prince).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Seven)
- Vocation : Military : Honors
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Colonel general)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hohenzollern)