Albrecht, Duke of Württemberg
|Birthname||A. Maria Alexander Philipp Joseph|
|born on||23 December 1865 at 20:30 (= 8:30 PM )|
|Place||Vienna, Austria, 48n13, 16e20|
|Timezone||LMT m16e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°04' 10°09 Asc. 23°23'|
German military leader in World War I and head of the Royal House of Württemberg from 1921 to his death.
Albrecht was the eldest child of Duke Philipp of Württemberg and his wife Archduchess Maria Theresa of Austria, daughter of Archduke Albert, Duke of Teschen. He had a twin sister, Maria Amalia.
In World War I, Duke Albrecht commanded the German 4th Army in several battles. Duke Albrecht was awarded the Pour le Mérite in August 1915 and was promoted to Generalfeldmarschall in August 1916.
He became head of the House of Württemberg on the death of Wilhelm II on 2 October 1921.
Duke Albrecht was married in Vienna on 24 January 1893 to Archduchess Margarete Sophie of Austria, a daughter of Archduke Carl Ludwig. They had seven children.
Duke Albrecht died at Altshausen Castle on 29 October 1939. His son Duke Philipp Albrecht succeeded him as head of the House of Württemberg.
- parent->child relationship with Albrecht Eugen, Duke of Württemberg (born 8 January 1895)
- parent->child relationship with Carl Alexander, Duke of Württemberg (born 12 March 1896)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Amalia, Duchess of Württemberg (born 15 August 1897)
- parent->child relationship with Philipp Albrecht, Duke of Württemberg (born 14 November 1893). Notes: Philipp Albrecht succeeded Albrecht
- child->parent relationship with Marie Theresia, Archduchess of Austria (born 15 July 1845)
- child->parent relationship with Philipp, Duke of Württemberg (born 30 July 1838)
- spouse relationship with Margarete Sophie, Archduchess of Austria (born 13 May 1870). Notes: 1893-1902
- sibling relationship with Ulrich, Duke of Württemberg (1877) (born 13 June 1877)
- Relationship : Marriage 24 January 1893 (Archduchess Margarete Sophie of Austria)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Das Vaterland," 27 December 1865, p. 1: "Wien, den 26. December. e. (Vom a. h. Hofe.) Ihre Hoheit die Frau Erzherzogin Maria Theresia, Gemalin Sr. königl. Hoheit des Herzogs Philipp von Württemberg, ist Samstag den 23. Abends um halb neun Uhr von Zwillingen, einem Prinzen und einer Prinzessin glücklich entbunden worden. Gestern, am 25. d. sand Nachmittags um 2 Uhr die Taufe des Prinzen und der Prinzessin im Palais des Herrn Erzherzogs Albrecht durch Se. Eminenz dem Cardinal-Erzbischof Othmar Ritter v. Raujcher statt. Beim Prinzen, welcher den Namen Albrecht erhielt, fungirte der Vater der h. Wöchnerin, Erzherzog Albrecht, als Tanfpathe. Die Prinzessin erhielt die Namen Maria Amalia."
(Translation: Vienna, 26 December. Her Majesty the Archduchess Maria Theresia, wife of Duke Philip of Wurttemberg, on the 23rd of this month, at half-before-nine [8:30] o'clock in the after-noon, happily gave birth to twins, a prince and a princess. On the the 25th, at 2 pm, the baptism of the prince and princess in the palace of the Archduke Albrecht was conducted by His Eminence Cardinal Archbishop Othmar Ritter von Raujcher. The prince received the name of Albrecht and the Princess received the name Maria Amalia).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Seven)
- Personal : Birth : Twin, triplet, etc. (Twin)
- Vocation : Military : Military career
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Württemberg)