Albrecht, Duke of Saxe-Eisenach
|born on||27 July 1599 Jul.Cal. (6 Aug 1599 greg.) at 06:15 (= 06:15 AM )|
|Place||Altenburg, Germany, 50n59, 12e26|
|Timezone||LMT m12e26 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||13°02' 09°23 Asc. 00°16'|
Duke of Saxe-Eisenach as the seventh (but fourth surviving) son of Johann, Duke of Saxe-Weimar, and Dorothea Maria of Anhalt. His regnal name Albrecht IV derives from the numbering of the duchy of Saxony as a whole, not specifically to the succession in Saxe-Eisenach.
In the years 1619-1621 he completed his Cavalierstour (Study Tour) with his younger brother Johann Friedrich. The two princes travelled to France and Switzerland.
In Weimar on 24 June 1633 Albrecht married Dorothea of Saxe-Altenburg, daughter of Friedrich Wilhelm I, Duke of Saxe-Weimar. The marriage was childless.
In accordance with a divisionary treaty concluded with his brothers, Albrecht received Eisenach in 1640. He died four years later, on 20 December 1644, after which his state was merged with Saxe-Weimar under Wilhelm of Saxe-Weimar.
- child->parent relationship with Johann II, Duke of Saxe-Weimar (born 22 May 1570 Jul.Cal. (1 June 1570 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ernst I, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 25 December 1601 Jul.Cal. (4 Jan 1602 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Friedrich, Duke of Saxe-Weimar (born 1 March 1596 Jul.Cal. (11 Mar 1596 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Johann Ernst I, Duke of Saxe-Weimar (born 21 February 1594 Jul.Cal. (3 Mar 1594 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Johann Friedrich, Duke of Saxe-Weimar (born 19 September 1600 Jul.Cal. (29 Sep 1600 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Wilhelm, Duke of Saxe-Weimar (born 11 April 1598 Jul.Cal. (21 Apr 1598 greg.))
- Death, Cause unspecified 20 December 1644 Jul.Cal. (30 Dec 1644 greg.) (Age 45)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Biblia, das ist die ganze Heilige Schrift: Alten und Neuen Testaments Verdeutscht von Doctor Martin Luther: Und auf gnädigste Verordnung Des Durchlauchtigsten Fürsten und Herrn, Herrn Ernsts, Herzogen zu Sachsen..." (Nurnberg, 1708): "Herzog Albrecht ... am 27. Tag des Heu-Monats im Jahr 1599. zu Altenburg fruher Tags-Zeit ein Viertel auf sieben Uhr geboren." (Duke Albrecht ... born on the 27th day of the hay month in 1599 at Altenburg at a quarter-before seven [six-fifteen] o'clock in the daytime).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wettin)