Albert, Prince of Saxe-Altenburg
|Birthname||A. Heinrich Joseph Carl Viktor Georg Friedrich|
|born on||14 April 1843 at 13:00 (= 1:00 PM )|
|Place||Munich, Germany, 48n08, 11e34|
|Timezone||LMT m11e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||23°54' 22°33 Asc. 21°18'|
German prince of the ducal house of Saxe-Altenburg, and the eldest son (third in order of birth but the only one who survived to adulthood) of Prince Eduard of Saxe-Altenburg (youngest son of Frederick, Duke of Saxe-Hildburghausen) and his second wife, Princess Luise Caroline Reuss of Greiz.
He entered the Russian army early in life, and attained the rank of Major-General in this service, but subsequently exchanged it for the Prussian army, where he became a general of cavalry.
He was first married in Berlin on 6 May 1885 to Princess Marie of Prussia, widow of Prince Henry of the Netherlands. They had two daughters. Marie died in 1888. Albert later married in Remplin on 13 December 1891 to the wealthy Duchess Helene of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, only daughter of Grand Duchess Catherine Mikhailovna of Russia. They had no children.
Prince Albert became a Rechtsritter (Knight of Justice) of the Order of Saint John in 1900. He died on 22 May 1902 at Remplin.
- spouse relationship with Marie Elisabeth, Princess of Prussia (born 14 September 1855). Notes: 1885-1888
- sibling relationship with Therese, Princess of Saxe-Altenburg (born 21 December 1836). Notes: Half-siblings
- Death of Mate 1888 (Princess Marie of Prussia)
- Relationship : Marriage 13 December 1891 (Duchess Helene of Mecklenburg-Strelitz)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Der Adler: Allgemeine Welt- und National-Chronik, Unterhaltungsblatt, Literatur- und Kunstzeitung für die Oesterreichischen Staaten, Volume 1; Volume 6, 24 April 1843: "Am heiligen Charfreitag Nachmittags 1 Uhr wurden ihre herzogliche Durchlaucht die Prinzessin Eduard von Sachsen-Altenburg Herzogin zu Sachsen, geborne Prinzessin von ReußGreiz, von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden" (translation: On the holy day of Charity, in the afternoon at 1 o'clock, her Highness the Princess Eduard of Saxony-Altenburg, the Duchess of Saxony, born Princess of Reuss, was happily delivered of a prince).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Saxe-Altenburg)