|Birthname||Rosa Clara Franziska Helene Retty|
|born on||26 December 1874 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||Hanau, Germany, 50n08, 8e55|
|Timezone||LMT m8e55 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||04°30' 15°54 Asc. 09°33'|
Austrian movie and stage actress mainly remembered today as actress Romy Schneider's paternal grandmother.
Born into a well-known family of Austrian actors, she was the daughter of actor and director Rudolf Retty. Trained by her father, she began her stage career in 1890 at the Deutsches Theater and the Lessing Theater in Berlin, where she successfully performed in the title role of Minna von Barnhelm. In 1895 she went to the Volkstheater in Vienna and in 1903 joined the Burgtheater ensemble.
Albach-Retty was married to the Austro-Hungarian Army officer Karl Albach; she was the mother of Wolf Albach-Retty (1906–1967), an Austrian movie actor who married German movie actress Magda Schneider in 1937. She thereby was the grandmother of Romy Schneider and great grandmother of Sarah Biasini.
Albach-Retty made her first film appearance in 1930, in Georg Jacoby's Gold on the Street, and made her last appearance in the 1955 remake The Congress Dances directed by Franz Antel. She died on 26 August 1980 at the age of 105.
- other kin relationship with Biasini, Sarah (born 21 July 1977). Notes: Great-grandkin
- other kin relationship with Meyen, David (born 3 December 1966). Notes: Great-grandkin
- other kin relationship with Schneider, Romy (born 23 September 1938). Notes: Grandkin
- has other family relationship with Schneider, Magda (born 17 May 1909). Notes: Mother/ daughter-in-law
Grazia Bordoni database, 'entertainment' file quotes Gauquelin.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Centenarian, aged 105)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film and stage)