|Birthname||Daniel Gonzalo Alarcón Solís|
|born on||5 March 1977 at 08:35 (= 08:35 AM )|
|Place||Lima, Peru, 12s03, 77w03|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°52' 12°54 Asc. 19°45'|
Peruvian-American author whose work has been published in The New Yorker, Harper's, Granta, Virginia Quarterly Review and elsewhere, and anthologized in Best American Non-Required Reading 2004 and 2005. He is Associate Editor of the Peruvian magazine Etiqueta Negra, and he edited a portfolio for the magazine A Public Space on the writing of Peru in 2007.
He has been a distinguished visiting writer at Mills College and a visiting writer at California College of the Arts. In spring 2013, he was an investigative reporting fellow at the University of California, Berkeley. Currently, he is an assistant professor of broadcast journalism at Columbia University, his undergraduate alma mater.
He is a former Fulbright Scholar to Peru, and a 2011 Artist in Residence at the Headlands Center for the Arts. His novel At Night We Walk in Circles was published by Riverhead Books in October 2013.
- associate relationship with Trelles Paz, Diego (born 21 June 1977)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Grant, Scholarship, etc.
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Writers : Critic
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award