Afonso Pedro, Prince of Brazil
|born on||23 February 1845 at 13:35 (= 1:35 PM )|
|Place||Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, 22s53, 43w0613|
|Timezone||LMT m43w0613 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||04°58' 21°59 Asc. 17°57'|
Prince Imperial and heir apparent to the throne of the Empire of Brazil. He was the eldest child of Emperor Dom Pedro II and Dona Teresa Cristina of the Two Sicilies. Afonso died on 11 June 1847 from epilepsy at the age of two, devastating the emperor.
- child->parent relationship with Pedro II, Emperor of Brazil (born 2 December 1825)
- sibling relationship with Isabel, Princess Dona (born 29 July 1846)
- sibling relationship with Leopoldina, Princess of Brazil (born 13 July 1847)
- sibling relationship with Pedro Afonso, Prince of Brazil (born 19 July 1848)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Revista trimensal do Instituto Historico, Geographico e Ethnographico do Brazil, Volumes 32-33" (J.M.N. Garcia, 1866), p. 306: "A' uma hora e trinta e cinco minutos da tarde do dia 23 de Fevereiro de 1845 a população do Rio de Janeiro encheu-se de jubilo, e saudou com rigozijo o nascimento de um principe herdeiro do throno do Brasil."
Translation: At one-thirty-five in the afternoon of 23 February 1845 the population of Rio de Janeiro was filled with jubilation, and with rejoice welcomed the birth of a prince heir to the throne of Brazil.
Full name: Afonso Pedro de Alcântara Cristiano Leopoldo Filipe Eugênio Miguel Gabriel Rafael Gonzaga.
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Died aged 2 years, 108 days)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Braganza)