|Birthname||Adrian Adolph Greenberg|
|born on||3 March 1903 at 11:05 (= 11:05 AM )|
|Place||Naugatuck, Connecticut, 41n29, 73w03|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°55' 02°15 Asc. 21°27'|
American fashion designer for films and private clientele who was associated with MGM. His most famous costumes were for The Wizard of Oz and other Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer films of the 1930s and 1940s. During his career, he designed costumes for over 250 films and his screen credits usually read as "Gowns by Adrian". On occasion, he was credited as Gilbert Adrian, a combination of his father's forename and his own.
Adrian was never nominated for an Academy Award as the costume category was not introduced during the time of his major work for the studios. He was awarded the Fashion Critic's "Winnie" award in 1945. After graduating from the New York School of Applied and Fine Arts, he moved to Hollywood, helping the "dream factory" glamorize its noted stars. In 1942 he opened his own establishment.
Though he was openly gay, he married actress Janet Gaynor in 1939, possibly in response to the anti-gay attitudes of the movie studio heads and the sex-negative atmosphere created by the Production Code. They retired and remained married until his death from a heart attack on 13 September 1959 in Hollywood. Gaynor and Adrian had one son, Robin (born in Los Angeles on 6 July 1940).
- associate relationship with Crawford, Joan (born 23 March 1906). Notes: Worked together 28 times
- associate relationship with Duquette, Tony (born 11 June 1914)
- associate relationship with Harlow, Jean (born 3 March 1911). Notes: Worked together 9 times
- associate relationship with Shearer, Norma (born 11 August 1902). Notes: Worked together 18 times
- spouse relationship with Gaynor, Janet (born 6 October 1906). Notes: 1939-1959
- (has as) boss relationship with De Mille, Cecil B. (born 12 August 1881)
- Relationship : Marriage 1939 (Janet Gaynor)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 6 July 1940 (Birth of son, Robin)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Prize 1945 (Fashion Critic's award)
Sabian Symbols No.11
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Wife Janet Gaynor)
- Passions : Sexuality : Gay (Closeted gay)
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion (Movies and clientele)
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion (Fashion)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Winnie)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book