Adams, Howard Gayle
|born on||19 May 1925 at 22:30 (= 10:30 PM )|
|Place||Corsicana, Texas, 32n06, 96w28|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°38' 29°54 Asc. 11°56'|
American corporal in the U.S. armed forces who defected in the Korean War. He was one of the twenty-two United Nations soldiers and POWs (one British and 21 Americans) who declined repatriation to the United Kingdom and United States after the Korean War in favour of remaining in China.
He was a decorated soldier in World War II who re-enlisted for the Korean War. He was a student at WuHan University in 1957, and worked in a paper factory in Jinan, China in 1960. Since his defection he has refused all media requests for interviews.
- compare to chart of Douglas, Rufus (born 21 March 1927). Notes: Defectors in the Korean War
- compare to chart of Griggs, Lewis Wayne (born 3 August 1932). Notes: Defectors in the Korean War
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate ("Howard Gale Adams").
- Vocation : Military : Combat
- Vocation : Military : Honors (WWII)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (WWII, Korean War)
- Vocation : Military : Other Military (Defector)
- Vocation : Misc. : Factory work (Paper mill)