Aceves Navarro, Gilberto
|Birthname||Gilberto Horacio Aceves Navarro|
|born on||24 September 1931 at 06:30 (= 06:30 AM )|
|Place||Mexico City, Mexico, 19n24, 99w09|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°30' 05°29 Asc. 00°41'|
Mexican painter and sculptor and a professor at the Escuela Nacional de Artes Plásticas and Academy of San Carlos. There have been more than two hundred individual exhibits of his work, with his murals found in Mexico, Japan and the United States. He received numerous awards for his work including grants as a Creador Artístico of the Sistema Nacional de Creadores de Arte, Premio Nacional de Ciencias y Artes and Bellas Artes Medal from the Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes.
He art shows influence from David Alfaro Siqueiros, Carlos Orozco Romero, Raúl Anguiano and Ignacio Aguirre. His work is considered to be between that of the Muralist generation and that of the Generación de la Ruptura, with elements of both but he preferred to be classed with the Ruptura. Aceves Navarro's work has also been described as a precursor to figurative expressionism.
Aceves Navarro met his wife Raquel Rodríguez Brayda Longoria in 1957, while she was a student and he was teaching drawing. They married in 1962 against her parents' wishes although her father eventually accepted him. He had one son, Juan Aceves. Gilberto Aceves Navarro died on 21 October 2019 at age 88.
- associate relationship with Alfaro Siqueiros, David (born 29 December 1896)
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1957 (Raquel Rodríguez Brayda Longoria)
- Relationship : Marriage 1962 (Raquel Rodríguez Brayda Longoria)
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Distrito Federal, México archives.
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 88)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter and sculptor)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Writers : Poet