Abrell, Charles G.
|Birthname||Charles Gene Abrell|
|born on||12 August 1931 at 08:04 (= 08:04 AM )|
|Place||Terre Haute, Indiana, 39n28, 87w25|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||18°53' 01°32 Asc. 24°54'|
United States Marine Corps corporal who was killed in action during the Korean War, aged 19.
Abrell was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his heroic actions and sacrifice of life on 10 June 1951 at Hwachon, Korea while advancing under fire with his platoon against enemy hill positions. After being wounded twice during a single-handed assault against an enemy bunker, he pulled the pin from a hand grenade and hurled himself into the bunker, killing the enemy gun crew and himself in the explosion.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 19)
- Vocation : Military : Combat
- Vocation : Military : Honors (Medal of Honor)
- Vocation : Military : Killed
- Vocation : Military : Military career (U.S. Marine Corps corporal)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Korean War)
- Vocation : Military : Wounded