Abrams, Sil Lai
|born on||13 July 1970 at 01:05 (= 01:05 AM )|
|Place||Wailuku, Hawaii, 20n53, 156w30|
|Timezone||AHST h10w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°38' 09°50 Asc. 08°40'|
American domestic violence awareness activist, National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) award-winning writer and inspirational speaker who has been featured on Al Jazeera America, ABC, BET, CNN, and MSNBC. Abrams has also been featured in magazines such as Redbook, ESSENCE, Modern Woman, EBONY, O, The Oprah Magazine.
In 2007, she self-published her first book, a self-help tome, No More Drama: Nine Simple Steps to Transforming a Breakdown into a Breakthrough. In 2016, her second book, the memoir Black Lotus: A Woman's Search for Racial Identity was published by Gallery Books/Karen Hunter Publishing. Black Lotus was selected by NPR as one of their 2016 books of the year.
- Family : Parents divorced 1975
Sy Scholfield quotes her on Twitter: "On this day 48 years ago, at 1:05 a.m., I was born. Goofy then, goofy now. Some things never change" (posted 13 July 2018) , "For those who know my story this pic was taken when my parents were still telling me my darker skin color was due to me being born in Hawaii" , "My birthday is on July 13th" ; and in a report: "I was born in Hawaii on the island of Maui" ("Activist Sil Lai Abrams Discusses Not Finding Out She Was Black Until Teenhood," 23 Aug 2015 ). Mary G. added that Abrams tweeted "I'm a Cancer sun, Taurus rising and Scorpio moon so yeah, this has been the story of my life" .
Later, Sil Lai Abrams emailed Scholfield verifying time of birth is from birth certificate and Wailuku, Maui is place of birth.
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Body : Race (Mixed: Black-Chinese)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Assault/ Battery victim (Domestic violence survivor)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Rape/ Sex crime victim (Sexual assault survivor)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Other Rel/Spirituality (Baha'i Faith)
- Vocation : Beauty : Model
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Domestic violence awareness activist)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist