Abel Smith, Lady May
|Birthname||May Helen Emma Cambridge|
|born on||23 January 1906 at 09:25 (= 09:25 AM )|
|Place||Esher, England, 51n23, 0w22|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°29' 15°32 Asc. 12°50'|
British princess, a great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria, as well as a great-great-great-granddaughter of King George III and niece to Queen Mary, consort of King George V. Furthermore she was related on her mother's side to the royal family of the Netherlands.
As a daughter of Prince Alexander of Teck, May was styled Her Serene Highness Princess May of Teck at birth.
Lady May married Henry Abel Smith (later Sir Henry) on 24 October 1931 in Balcombe, Sussex. They had three children.
She died on 29 May 1994, aged 88.
- parent->child relationship with Liddell-Grainger, Anne (born 28 July 1932)
- child->parent relationship with Alexander Cambridge, 1st Earl of Athlone (born 14 April 1874)
- child->parent relationship with Alice, Princess (1883) (born 25 February 1883)
- sibling relationship with Maurice, Prince of Teck (born 29 March 1910)
- sibling relationship with Rupert Cambridge, Viscount Trematon (born 24 August 1907)
Sy Scholfield quotes from official bulletin in The Times (London, England), 24 January 1906, p. 6: "Claremont, Esher, Jan. 23, 1906 ... at 9 25 this morning."
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Württemberg (by birth))