|Birthname||Helen Louise Herron|
|born on||2 June 1861|
|Place||Cincinnati, Ohio, 39n10, 84w27|
|Timezone||LMT m84w27 (is local mean time)|
American First Lady, wife of US President William Howard Taft, inaugurated 3/04/1909. She was raised in a politically active family, and became engaged to Taft, a young town lawyer in May 1885. They married on 6/19/1886.
Two months after she and Taft entered the White House, she had a stroke from which she recovered with her speech affected. In 1914 she published her autobiography "Recollections of a Full Life."
She died at her home in Washington, DC on 22 May 1943, age 81.
- spouse relationship with Taft, William Howard (born 15 September 1857)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1914 (Her autobiography)
Date from reference, time unknown. Previous entry gave 2 January 1861. T. Pat Davis rectifies the time to 9:41 AM EST
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Pres. Taft)