Price, Hilary B.
|Birthname||Hilary Beth Price|
|born on||4 December 1969 at 07:20 (= 07:20 AM )|
|Place||Boston MA, USA, 42n21, 71w03|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°11' 09°01 Asc. 15°53'|
American cartoonist, creator of the "Rhymes with Orange" syndicated comic strip that by 2005 appears in nearly 200 daily newspapers around the country.
An animal lover, she and her partner Kerry LaBounty have two elderly cats, a dog, two fish and others that inspire her cartoons. In 2005 she published a collection of her work, "Reigning Cats & Dogs."
As a child she was a prolific writer. Her parents, Michael, a retired CEO of a chain of clothing stores, and Thalia ("Buzzy"), a retired social worker, say, "She had this thing about words. She didn't know how to not use words--a one-page paper would end up being 10."
Price was also a doodler as a child and in between her junior and senior years in high school she spent four months in Ireland where cartooning became a reality. With her red hair and freckles, everyone thought she was Irish; she landed a job in an Irish pub and started submitting cartoons to a local newsppaer. When she got her first compensation, she was hooked and cartooning became her career goal.
After she graduated from Stanford, where she majored in English, she landed a job as a copy writer for an ad agency. At the same time, the San Francisco Chronicle began publishing her cartoons. In 1995, she landed a contract with King Features Syndicate, becoming, at age 25, the youngest woman to have a syndicated comic strip.
- Work : Contracts, agreements 1995 (Contract with King Features Syndicate)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2005 ("Reigning Cats and Dogs")
PT quotes birth certificate
- Traits : Body : Hair (Red)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family supportive
- Lifestyle : Work : Work alone/ Singular role
- Lifestyle : Work : Work at Home more than 10 yrs
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets
- Vocation : Art : Cartoonist