|born on||11 December 1912 at 13:00 (= 1:00 PM )|
|Place||Magenta, Italy, 45n28, 8e53|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°07' 21°00 Asc. 27°30'|
Italian film producer and Oscar winner. Achieving a law degree and working as an attorney for three years, Ponti began producing films from 1938 on. His noted works include, "La Strada," 1954, "Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow," 1963 and "Dr. Zhivago" in 1965.
He is known for discovering Sophia Loren and sponsoring her career for years before their marriage in 1966. They have two sons together and he has two children from a previous marriage.
In the '70s, Ponti was charged with illegally transferring large sums of money from Italy and his villa was seized, launching a major legal battle. Loren was charged with failing to file a tax return in 1973 and the two became exiles until the whole matter was resolved.
By the turn of 2000, they divide their time between homes in Geneva and Los Angeles. At 88, Ponti was seldom seen and rumored to have both Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.
The film producer died at age 94 in a Geneva, Switzerland hospital on January 9, 2007. He had been admitted 10 days prior to his death suffering from pulmonary complications.
- child relationship with Ponti, Carlo Jr. (born 29 December 1968)
- child relationship with Ponti, Edoardo (born 6 January 1973)
- spouse relationship with Loren, Sophia (born 20 September 1934)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1954 ("La Strada")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1963 ("Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1965 ("Dr. Zhivago")
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1966 (Sophia Loren)
- Health : Decumbiture December 2006 (Hospitalized with pulmonary complications)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Bordoni quotes B.C.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Alzheimer's/Senility (By his 80's)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Parkinson's (By his 80's)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Lung
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Loren 22 years younger)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Sophia Loren)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Thief/ Financial crime (Evasion of income tax)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Law : Attorney (Secondary)
- Notable : Awards : Oscar
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection