|Birthname||Gwyneth Kate Paltrow|
|born on||27 September 1972 at 17:25 (= 5:25 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||04°59' 11°34 Asc. 07°05'|
American actress sometimes compared to Grace Kelly for her cool and regal grace. The only daughter of Tony-winning actress Blythe Danner and producer-director Bruce Paltrow, she and her younger brother Jake had an advantaged childhood both in the sense of material comforts and in having a close, caring family. She did a theatrical walk-on at five with continued exposure as she grew, finding filmmaking both fascinating and familiar. When she was 11, the family relocated to a tiny townhouse in Manhattan, NY. At school she joined a singing group and took acting classes. She was pretty, popular and unspoiled, able to giggle at bad jokes or change into a clipped British accent with equal ease.
Gwyneth studied history at UC Santa Barbara before she dropped out to act full time in 1991. Her poise quickly carried her into a flurry of film work. By 1995, she was involved in her first big-time romance, with Brad Pitt as the golden couple of the Hollywood-minute. Actually, they lasted two and a half years with an engagement in 1996 and when they broke up, they had the discretion to not make it a public spectacle.
As the Jane Austen heroine in "Emma," Paltrow established herself as a bone fide star, and she was greatly applauded for her role in "Shakespeare in Love," for which she won the Best Actress Oscar, awarded on 3/21/1999.
The year prior to her Oscar was a difficult one. She was away from home shooting "The Talented Mr. Ripley" in Italy while her dad and grandfather (who died in 1999) were both seriously ill. Working through highs and lows, Paltrow was sick in bed for ten days after the Oscars.
In December 1997, she began dating Ben Affleck, with whom she co-starred in "Bounce," 1999. Lean and 5’ 10", Paltrow loves fashion and lives in an impeccably decorated New York City apartment. When not working, she attends Yoga classes daily, plays with her black Labrador retriever and spends time with girlfriends. By 2002 she appeared a confirmed expatriate, seen in the London scene and Paris fashion shows. Her dad, Bruce Paltrow, was visiting her in Rome for her 30th birthday when he became ill and he died on 10/02/2002.
Via her publicist, Gwyneth announced on December 3, 2003 that she and her boyfriend, Christ Martin of Coldplay, are expecting a child due in summer 2004. The couple married quietly on December 5, 2003 in Santa Barbara, CA. Their baby, daughter Apple Martin, was born on May 14, 2004 at 1:00 AM in London, according to media report.
The actress gave birth by c-section to her second child and first son, named Moses Martin, in New York City on April 8, 2006. The actress revealed in the May 2008 issue of “Vogue” magazine that she suffered from post-partum depression after the birth of her son Moses.
In 2011 she released a cookbook, "My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness."
- parent->child relationship with Martin, Apple (born 14 May 2004)
- Work : New Career 1991 (Dropped out of school to act)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1995 (Dating Brad Pitt)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1997 (Dating Ben Affleck)
- Work : Prize 1999 (Best Actress Oscar, "Shakespeare in Love")
- Death of Significant person 1999 (Death of Grandfather)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1999 ("Bounce")
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 14 May 2004 at 01:00 AM in London, England (first child, daughter Apple Martin, born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Mental Health : Depressive episode 2006 (Post-partum depression)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 8 April 2006 (Son, Moses Martin, in New York)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
LMR quotes B.C. in hand 3/2001
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression (Post-partum)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Material comforts)
- Family : Childhood : Family close
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First of two)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Black Labrador)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Yoga daily as exercise)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Actress)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction