Otto, King of Bavaria
|Birthname||Otto Wilhelm Luitpold Adalbert Waldemar|
|born on||27 April 1848 at 10:30 (= 10:30 AM )|
|Place||München, Germany, 48n08, 11e34|
|Timezone||LMT m11e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||07°14' 17°10 Asc. 03°44'|
Insane king of Bavaria, younger son of King Maximilian II and Marie of Prussia.
Otto fell insane in 1872 and, from 1880 onward, had to be kept under strict surveillance. When his elder brother, King Ludwig II, likewise insane, died in 1886, he became king under the regency first of his uncle Luitpold, the heir apparent, and then (1912) of Luitpold’s son Ludwig, who made himself king, as Ludwig III, on 5 November 1913, even though his cousin Otto was still alive.
He died on 11 October 1916, aged 68, at Fürstenried Palace, due to a volvulus (an obstruction of the bowel).
- child->parent relationship with Marie, Queen Consort of Bavaria (born 15 October 1825)
- child->parent relationship with Maximilian II, King of Bavaria (born 28 November 1811)
- sibling relationship with Ludwig II, King of Bavaria (born 24 August 1845)
Taeger quotes Penfield for 10 AM, original source unknown (rated C).
On 9 January 2017 Sy Scholfield changed the time to 10:30 AM (and the rating to A), having forwarded news report from "Bote für Tirol," 1 May 1848, p. 4: "München, den 27. April. Unsere Stadt ist hente von einem freudigen Ercigniß bewegt. Ihre Majestät die Königin ist diesen Vormittag 10½ Uhr von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden." (Munich, 27 April. Our city is moved by a joyous event. Her Majesty the Queen was happily delivered this morning of a prince at 10:30 o'clock).
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Bowel (Volvulus)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Mental Illness
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wittelsbach)