|born on||26 September 1924 at 12:15 (= 12:15 PM )|
|Place||Fontana Liri, Italy, 41n38, 13e33|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°05' 03°20 Asc. 16°32'|
Italian actor who was nominated for the Best Actor Oscar for his work in "Divorce Italian Style." His career in the movies also earned him an additional two Oscar nominations and awards at Cannes. His other films included "La Dolce Vita," "Marriage Italian Style" and "Casanova 70." None of the 130 films which he made throughout his lifetime were made in Hollywood. His first onscreen appearance as a funny, seductive, modest and vulnerable actor came in the 1947 film "I Miserabili."
Mastroianni's father, who was a carpenter, took him out of school at 14 so that he could go to work. While drawing maps as a teenager during WW II, Mastroianni was sent as a prisoner to a Nazi labor camp in 1943. When he escaped, he spent the rest of the war in hiding in Venice. After the war, he joined the University of Rome's theatrical company, where he met Fellini, with whom he made many films.
In 1950 he married fellow student Flora Carabella, a marriage that lasted for 37 years with one daughter, though they separated after 20 years due to his many affairs. His lovers included actresses Anouk Aimee, Ursula Andress, Lauren Hutton, Cardinale and Deneuve. Faye Dunaway wanted to marry him in 1969, but he would not divorce Flora, with whom he had become friends. After three tempestuous years, he and Dunaway separated.
His second marriage, to Catherine Deneuve, was in 1972; they had one child, Chiara, who was born in the same year. Three years later, they too separated.
He died of pancreatic cancer on 12/19/1996, Paris, France, saying "I've loved life so much. I just got here and already I have to leave. It's absurd."
- lover relationship with Deneuve, Catherine (born 22 October 1943)
- lover relationship with Dunaway, Faye (born 14 January 1941)
Bordoni quotes him for the date, though the B.R. was registered two days later. Steinbrecher quotes Faye Dunaway for the same date and place from him, 12:00 PM.
(Current Biography gives the B.R. date, September 26, 1924. Americana gave September 8, 1924 and Penfield Collection gave October 18, 1924, 6:00 AM, Rome, as spec.)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (37 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters)
- Notable : Awards : Who's Who
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book
- Traits : Personality : Charismatic (Seductive charmer)
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all (Lifetime popularity)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Many women)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Concentration camp (Labor camp during the war)
- Traits : Mind : Education limited (Left school at age 14)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Worked many times with Fellini)