|born on||12 March 1940 at 01:20 (= 01:20 AM )|
|Place||Wauwatosa WI, USA, 43n02, 88w00|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°35' 26°19 Asc. 19°21'|
American jazz singer, widely known for singing the theme song to the hit television series, "Moonlighting." He received his fifth Grammy for the 1992 release of "Heaven and Earth," placing him in the rare category of artists who have won a Grammy in three categories, jazz, pop and R&B.
Born in Wisconsin, Jarreau was the son of a vicar. He started singing when he was four, harmonizing with his brothers, and his first exposure to performing came while singing in the church choir. Music was not the main focus of his life, however, as he excelled at sports and was an above-average student in high school. He continued his education at Ripon College in Wisconsin, singing for fun on weekends with a group called "The Indigos." He graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology, and went on to earn his Masters Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation at the University of Iowa.
Shortly thereafter he moved to San Francisco, and began his social work counseling career. Eventually he decided to relocate to Los Angeles, and it was there that he began to play in small jazz clubs. He recorded his first LP in the mid-1960s, but remained relatively unknown. A decade later, in 1975, he signed with Reprise, and released "We Got By," which earned him acclaim for his sophisticated and unique vocal style. In 1976, he released "Look to the Rainbow," which reached the Top 50, and in 1981, his "We’re in This Love Together," made the Top 10. He embarked on his first world tour in 1977. He continued to record throughout the 1980s-1990s, and for three months in 1996, he played the role of "Teen Angel" in the hit musical "Grease" on Broadway. He guest-starred on various television shows and appeared in a national commercial for McDonald’s. As busy as ever, he still records and tours after a career of 35+ years.
- Work : Prize 1995 (Grammy)
- Work : Contracts, agreements 1975 (Signed with Reprise)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1976 ("Look to the Rainbow")
- Work : Begin Major Project 1977 (World Tour)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1996 (Teen Angel in "Grease")
Stephen Przybylowski quotes B.C.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Jazz
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Grammy (Five)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Broadway, played in Grease)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (World tours)