Friedrich V, King of Bohemia
|born on||16 August 1596 (greg.) at 10:30 (= 10:30 AM )|
|Place||Heidelberg, Germany, 49n25, 8e43|
|Timezone||LMT m8e43 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||23°31' 27°46 Asc. 23°25'|
Scottish royal family, married as a political arrangement to the Elizabeth Stuart a contracted marriage which turned into a love-match between the couple known as The Winter King and Queen of Bohemia. Princess Elizabeth was the eldest daughter of King James I of England. Events surrounding the wedding are described by Frances A Yates in "The Rosicrucian Enlightenment."
The young German prince, Frederick, arrived in England on 10/16/1612 and they fell in love upon their meeting later that day. Betrothed on 12/27, they married in the royal chapel in Whitehall on 2/14/1613. Their marriage endured through ups and downs for many years.
The young couple retired to Frederick's home in Heidelberg where they remained in peace for six years. As a result of intense politico-religious propaganda that had begun many years earlier, Frederick was invited to become king of Bohemia. They moved to Prague to reign during the winter of 1619-20. When the Catholic forces rose against Frederick, James failed to provide the expected aid, ignoring both his daughter's pleas for help and the pressure of his own court. On 11/08/1620, the Protestant army was totally defeated at the Battle of White Mountain just outside Prague. Elizabeth and Frederick were forced to flee with their children and the victorious Hapsburgs dominated Europe.
Frederick died in 1632 and his royal widow lived out the rest of her life as a refugee in The Hague.
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 16 October 1612 (Fell in love with Elizabeth Stuart)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change residence 1619 (Moved to Prague to become King)
- Death, Cause unspecified 1632 (Age 35-36)
Ken Gillman quotes Martin Harvey from records in an article in Considerations Aug/2000 (given as 10:30 AM LAT but with a chart for 10:30 AM LMT)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (King of Bohemia, German Prince)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Very happy
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (19 years with Elizabeth)
- Family : Relationship : Other relationship (Political arrangement)
- Lifestyle : Home : Many moves (Fleed to avoid persecution)