|Birthname||Stephanie Fae Beauclair|
|born on||14 October 1984 at 06:55 (= 06:55 AM )|
|Place||Barstow (San Bernardino County), California, 34n54, 117w01|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||21°24' 12°08 Asc. 20°53'|
American baby born three weeks premature with a malformed heart. Her 23-year-old, unemployed, unmarried mother had moved to California from her home in Kansas, in part to get away from problems she had with writing bad checks. Though she and the babies father had lived together for five years, they were now separated. The 5 lb 9 oz girl was born with a crippled heart, the left side grossly underdeveloped. Her mom was told to take her home to die.
On 10/19 her pediatrician told her that Dr. Leonard L. Bailey of the Loma Linda University Medical Center would attempt to transplant a baboon heart in an effort to save the child. The parents, Teresa and Howard, reunited by the crises, agreed and on 10/26/1984 the surgery was completed, a medical first. Dr. Bailey had inserted a walnut-sized heart of a seven-month old baboon.
The baby struggled to survive until she was 21 days old, when she succumbed to the odds and died on 11/14/1984.
- Health : Medical diagnosis 19 October 1984 (Heart transplant procedure recommended)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
People magazine 12/03/l984
- Traits : Body : Constitution hardy (Lived 21 days against odds)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (Baboon heart transplant)
- Personal : Birth : Defects, Handicaps (Heart malformed)
- Personal : Birth : Infant mortality (Lived 21 days)
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker