|Birthname||Zimmer, Marion Eleanor|
|born on||3 June 1930|
|Place||Albany NY, USA, 42n39, 73w45|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
American writer, noted for her popularity in the sci-fi field and most renowned for "The Mists of Avalon," a novel of the women in the Arthurian legends, a world best-seller and TV miniseries.
Marion made her first sale to a fiction competition in Fantastic/Amazing Stores in 1949 and her first pro short story was sold to Vortex Science Fiction in 1952. Over the years she turned more to fantasy than sci-fi as well as producing many novels. She edited a number of magazines including her own, Fantasy magazine.
Marion died on 9/25/1999 after having a heart attack four days prior.
- spouse relationship with Breen, Walter H. (born 5 September 1928). Notes: 1964-1990
- Work : New Career 1949 (Sold first sci-fi story)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1952 (Story published in Vortex Science Fiction)
Transit Nov/1999 gives date and place; time unknown
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack (Attack)
- Vocation : Writers : Sci-Fi/ Fantasy/ Horror (Noted, popular)